What is in the Biote Curcumin-SF and in the Thorne Curcumin Phytosome Meriva supplement?
Each capsule contains Curcumin Phytosome* (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex from Sunflower) and other Ingredients are Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, CalciumCitrateLaurate, Silicon Dioxide, Microcrystalline Cellulose
What is the function of the ingredients in the Thorne Curcumin Phytosome Meriva supplement?
Turmeric is widely studied for its health-promoting properties. It has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as well as Ayurvedic medicine, for more than 2,000 years. Curcumin is turmeric’s most active component and provides numerous health benefits, including support for joint function and mobility, liver and gut health, cardiovascular function. Curcumin is also a potent antioxidant.
Because curcumin supports a healthy inflammatory response it is beneficial for anyone experiencing the bodily discomforts of life. Curcumin can provide relief for overused muscles and joints. In addition, maintaining a healthy inflammatory response is essential to healthy joints, muscles, brain, eyes, and blood lipids.
Thorne’s Curcumin Phytosome, as Meriva, is the most clinically-studied curcumin on the market and, as a phytosome complex it provides superior absorption over other curcumin extracts. A human study demonstrated 29-times greater absorption of Meriva than ordinary curcumin.
Benefits of Thorne’s Curcumin Phytosome:
Joint Stiffness and Muscle Soreness:
- Reduces joint stiffness*
- Promotes flexibility*
- Provide relief from minor aches and muscle soreness*
- Protects muscles against exercise stress and helps reduce delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)*
- May reduce muscle injury from training or exertion*
- Helps protect muscle tissue from the effects of chronological age*
Healthy inflammatory response:
- Helps maintain a balanced inflammatory response throughout the body, including in the joints, muscles, GI tract, liver, brain, eyes, and nerves*
- Promotes healthy cholesterol metabolism and up-regulation of liver enzymes*
- Supports maintenance of normal blood sugar*
Features of Thorne’s Curcumin Phytosome:
- The most clinically studied curcumin on the market with 29-times greater absorption than ordinary curcumin
- More than 30 clinical trials using the curcumin phytosome, Meriva
Is it safe to take a curcumin dietary supplement with other medications?
Curcumin can interact with various medications. It may:
- Increase the risk of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) for individuals on an anti-diabetes drug
- Increase the risk of bleeding if used with a blood-thinning medication (anticoagulant), such as aspirin, clopidogrel (Plavix), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB), heparin, warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) and others
- Interact with the drugs talinolol and sulfasalzine (Azulfidine EN-tabs)
- Interact with certain chemotherapy drugs
What are nutraceuticals?
Nutraceuticals contain health-bolstering effects that have some medicinal benefits. Nutraceuticals use standardized nutrients. In the United States, the FDA regulates most nutraceuticals as dietary supplements and food additives. All Thorne Nutraceuticals are produced in FDA approved manufacturing facilities located in the United States and are held to specific potency and quality standards.
How can I get started with Thorne Curcumin Phytosome?
Are you ready to start feeling better? Starting with the Curcumin supplement from Thorne is easy. Simply schedule an appointment at Cunningham Clinic, discuss your options, and then pick up your nutraceutical grade Curcumin supplement!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.