What is Thorne Hormone Advantage used for?
Thorne’s Hormone Advantage (formerly DIM Advantage) combines diindolylmethane (DIM), pomegranate extract, and sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS; from broccoli seed extract) to support balanced hormone health by helping the body metabolize and detoxify excess estrogen. Estrogen that is not properly metabolized can lead to:
- weight gain
- low energy
- imbalances of testosterone or progesterone levels
- and an overall feeling of just not being yourself
Thorne Hormone Advantage for Women’s Wellness
Imbalances in hormones, particularly estrogen, and progesterone, can significantly influence a woman’s monthly cycle. Excess estrogens are linked to irregular, heavy, or uncomfortable menstrual cycles. These hormone imbalances can also contribute to breast tenderness, bloating, and mood changes related to PMS.
Everyday Wellness Benefits for Women:
- Support for a smooth monthly transition
- Balancing of hormone levels related to breast tenderness, mood changes, and other symptoms that occur before menses
- Promotes the clearance of estrogen-mimicking toxins encountered in daily life – like those toxins found in pesticides, herbicides, and plastics
Long-term Benefits for Women:
- Supports breast, cervical, and uterine health
- Improves the ratio of healthy-to-less-healthy estrogen
- Offers chemoprotective effects from its long-lasting antioxidant support
Thorne Hormone Advantage is Not Just for Women – it’s for men too!
Although the body’s process to balance and detoxify estrogen is similar in both men and women, the benefits are very different.
Wellness Benefits for Men:
- Enhances the level of testosterone
- Supports prostate health
- Promotes an optimal ratio of estrogen to testosterone
- Men with excess estrogen can develop enlarged breast tissue or experience less-than-ideal erectile function. Hormone Advantage assists with the reduction of estrogen receptor activation in areas of high receptor density, such as in breast and erectile tissue
- Reducing excess estrogen aids in physical fitness, energy, and weight management
What is in the Thorne Hormone Advantage supplement?
|Broccoli Extract (Sulforaphane glucosinolate)||25mg|
|Other Ingredients: Calcium Laurate, Hypromellose Capsule|
Is DIM just for women?
DIM appears to help adjust estrogen levels to maintain hormone balance. Clinical trials have also shown that it supports healthy estrogen levels. Certain cancers and diseases like lupus are linked to high levels of estrogen. You may think of estrogen as only a female hormone, but it’s not. Men also benefit from DIM. Some of their testosterone changes into estrogen and metabolizes in the liver. Levels of estrogen may lead to higher risks of cancer in men, just as it can in women.
Can I trust Thorne for nutracecuticals?
Thorne is chosen by champions and trusted by 100+ pro teams. Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content. Thorne is also a proud partner of 11 U.S. Olympic Teams.
How can I get started?
Are you ready to start feeling better and get the most out of your food? Starting with the Thorne DIM supplement is easy. Simply schedule an appointment with Cunningham Clinic to discuss your options, and then pick up your nutraceutical grade Thorne Hormone Advantage! We’re happy to help you look and feel your best.